McCain Exodus Continues Latest departures include remainder of national press team, key aides in Iowa, SC By Colleen Barry Posted Jul 17, 2007 7:46 AM CDT Copied Republican Presidential candidate Sen. John McCain gestures while talking about global warming during a town hall meeting hosted by the Churchill Club in Santa Clara, Calif., Monday, July 16, 2007. (AP Photo/Eric Risberg) (Associated Press) The McCain campaign continued to bleed staff yesterday, losing its communications director and two deputies, plus press secretaries in Iowa and South Carolina. Many of the newest ex-staffers are loyal to two strategists who left last week. The senator told the LA Times his campaign would rebound and its problems were due to running a "too large" operation. "I can out-campaign anyone," McCain said at a Silicon Valley appearance, but the impression that his campaign is on its last legs wasn't helped by the revelation that the operation has $3.2 million in the bank and owes $1.8 million. Nevertheless, his bluster continues unabated. "I'm very comfortable with where we are and how we're doing," he said. Read These Next Brazilian influencer is dead at 27 after cosmetic surgery. Need a solid 'air hack'? Book your flight on this day. Conan O'Brien finally speaks on deaths of Rob and Michele Reiner. Trump sets 10% tariff, then raises it. Report an error